Sunday, June 19, 2005

This just in!

A quick few points.

1) My 'MSN My Spaces' blog (a teaser/trailer version of this blog) is far funnier than this one. This is upsetting.

Example: The title to my first MSN post 'ATTN: Hark!' (Wicked, wouldn't you say?)

Yet another: From the MSN post 'We interupt this broadcast...' "Want to find out the gripping to conclusions to these articles? Want to see if the rest of the article is just boring tirpe? Do I have a Star Destroyer parked in high orbit ready to pound you into dust with turbolaser fire? Find out at http://formergenius.blogspot.com today!" (How is the 'Star Destroyer' line not the funniest I've ever written!?)

2) My friends are both smarter and funnier than I am (though I still affirm that I am their better).

Example: Check out Dave Chung's MSN Spaces blog. Particularly his review of the movie Be Cool.

And for more insult to injury: A comment (on 'Remake') from one of my esteemed readers...

This is a remake of a blog entry I have read before you rehashing bitch.

That said, Q would pwn the Borg. Resistance this *snap*.

If all the arts did not remake/rehash former ideas, we would be left with a deluge of great epics such of F451 that would have been lost to the ages. Peter Jackson didn't really do anything innovative yet we praise his work (I'm still bitter Tom didn't make it in). Same with Spider-Man and Batman, they have been made in comic book form a long, long time ago. Yet we nary blink an eye when Hollywood comes out with a movie based on these works.

Think about it, how many individuals do you know would read MacBeth just for shits and giggles? As much as I dislike William he has had profound effects on our culture and arts. But nobody bothers to read the source so someone has to rehash his works in a digestible tablet.

It's like when you were a kid and refused to take a pill because it made your throat feel funny. Now, parents go out and buy liquid tylenol or the easy swallow bullshit. I don't really remember where I was going with that but I'm sure it was good -- perhaps I'm just bitter the liquid Tylenol didn't exist when I was a lad. But I'm sure there is a point my words. You figure it out.

See what I mean? We know return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home