Sunday, July 24, 2005

Weekend Update with/avec Stupid Haikus!

A nip and tuck here and there... this site is constantly changing. I've trimmed a few things and added some as well. You'll notice that I now have a link to yet another blog site of mine. The new site will be almost exclusively for my Alchera Project submissions. But mainly, my self-indulgence had become too much to be harbored on just one site so it was only natural to let it take up more space. But you all knew that already.

So, back to business.

For those waiting my new story is posted here on the new site. It's titled "Nothing Better" after the song by The Postal Service of the same name. For those of you who have heard the song, and for those of you who are "privilaged" enough to know me, you'll know how close to home that song hits (for me). It has probably been the most personal writing I've done to date. I almost didn't share it. Ironically enough, its the faceless anonymity of the internet that made me comfortable enough to post it. That said, if you could keep the laughter and mockery to a dull roar that would be greatly appreciated. Even better, though, would be constructive criticism. How I do love constructive criticism.

In other, rather dull and pointless, news I've rediscovered the joy of Settlers of Catan. Though my life slips away with every roll of the dice I'm delighted to watch my "commie" (red) pieces spread across the topographical nightmare that is the imaginary continent of Catan. I'll post more on this later.

And just before I get to the offensively bad haikus, a question that I've been wondering about:

In the song "No Rain," by Blind Melon, in the line...

All I can do is read a book to stay awake
and it rips my life away but its a great escape

Is he appealing more to a reclusive, book-wormish, "nerd" type or is it a veiled metaphor for his use of heroin? I'm fairly certain that the lead singer was heavy into the junk and that was the cause of death. Don't ask me why I'm curious now, many years after the fact, I just am.

And now with no further delay...

COUNTER-STRIKE LOVE HAIKUS!!!!111

if love were CS
your love would be as strong as
the AWP

Go! Go! Go! Your love
storms the front, no wonder I'm
in love, roger that

Check. Still 1337.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home