Happiness can be found on page 73 of the Ikea catalogue. (a retropost)
Today I have decided that my entry will not be one of poorly articulated twenty-something angst rather it will be a celebration of the joy that is receiving Ikea furniture.
I have finally received the last bookcase for my room and it has been assembled and put in place. I’m totally riding a good high right now.
What a great day.
The only thing that would have made today better would be if instead of a skinny, homely, 40-something delivery guy my bookcase was delivered by Natalie Portman. Ideally, she would stay and help me put it together and then comment on how awesome my room looked afterwards. But c’mon people that would just be silly. Having Natalie Portman just show up at the door and comment on my awesomeness would be like being dealt pocket ace of spades. You can wish for it all you want but its probably not going to happen anytime soon…but I digress.
I’m walking on sunshine… laminated MDF sunshine. I don’t think there is a problem in my life that can’t be eclipsed by the lumbering Swedish chain furniture store. That big blue building is just to damn big to stop. Believe the hype Muhammed, the mountain is in fact moving.
Know what that last sentence meant? Were you offended by it? Does anyone even know what it really means? Comment and let me know.
Editors note: As soon as I can figure out how to set up links and add pictures I’ll show you how sexy I can make a room in a frat house look.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home