Alright alright alright, for real this time.
I guess I have lots of housekeeping to do. To date I don't think I've really talked about any movies or music. Really, I just whine and complain a lot. So, before I go any further I would like to announce that in the future I pledge less whining and more random insightfulness! All part of a new campaign of kissing hands and shaking babies. Anyhoo, I guess I should jump into some quick random blurbs about what I'm up to and what I've been doing, etc.
First, music. In terms of full albums I've recently picked up X&Y from Coldplay. Frankly, it's a damn good disc. Musically it's a much bigger, fuller sound than we've been accustomed to (especially compared to parachutes) and is reminiscent of U2 (gasp!) during albums like Joshua Tree. Lyrically speaking it is far simpler and direct than anything else they've done before. I have mixed feelings on this point here as I enjoyed songs like "Rush of Blood to the Head" but appreciate the direct impact of a song like "What If" and "Talk". All in all, the album is well worth buying and if you are lucky enough to hear it live (yay Coachella!) you'll see why I give it 4 1/2 out of 5. On the MP3 side of things I've been enjoying a lot of retro goodness. "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie, "Evil Woman" and "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO, "If You'll Be My Bodyguard" by Paul Simon, and "I've Got My Mind Set On You" by George Harrison. And anomolously on that list is "Food" by Common and Kanye West. I'll spare you all from a critique on each of those songs if you go out and listen to them. Also, if you haven't heard them... "Joyfull Rebellion" by K-OS, "Blackstar" by Blackstar, and the Garden State Soundtrack are all worth a listening or two.
Now a few quick points on movies. Batman - A very good movie. That said there are a few things that keep it from "great" and "excellent" - and if it isn't your lucky day! I'll elaborate on them. First, Katie Holmes, while being the dearest and cutest she can be, is still Katie Holmes. I found her miscast creating a much weaker and less believable character than was needed. The action sequences, while plentiful, were poorly shot. This is the same problem Revenge of the Sith suffered from. It's great that we can get all these beautifully choreographed orginal fight sequences but its a shame that the director feels that a blurry and blinding speed of camera angles and shots need to be thrown at the screen at ridonkulously fast pace for it to be enjoyable. It's like textbook film making on Venom. But the biggest attrocity commited by far was committed by Micheal Caine with the line, "Why do we fall down, Master Bruce?" I'll tell you why, it's so that you can ruin a perfectly good scene with poorly thought out dialogue.
Okay. Shit. Okay. I just saved this blog as a draft and was going to go meet a friend that I haven't seen for quite some time for coffee. So with that said I'm out the door and about to jump in my car to go. However, I realize that I have a little souvenier from a trip I took in April in the trunk of my car that I'm going to give this person. So BEFORE (Oh yes... you know where this is going) I unlock the car I open the trunk to retrieve the gift. I collect the different parts from the gift in the trunk and make it look presentable and nice and then I close the trunk. *(electronic) Chirp Chirp* That means my car is still locked and alarmed. "Curious?"
I think to myself, "I could have sworn I unlocked the car when I openned the trunk." I can hear you through cyberspace, "You locked your keys in the trunk you fucking moron! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!11" You're fucking rightz I did. Okay, no problem -rather, AAAAH! FUCKING! AHHHH! I LOCKED MY FUCKING KEYS IN MY CAR! ...Why not just get the spare set of keys? I'll tell you why... THEY'RE LOCKED IN THE FUCKING CAR WITH THE OTHER SET OF KEYS! Fuck. My intellect is trully unparalled in these matters.
Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. So what do I do now call the AMA (AAA for my American readers) and get them to come open my door. "Don't mind the blaring siren going off in your ear, keep trying to unlock my car," Right. Seriously, who does this? And I'm waiting for a package to be delivered (something that I have skipped breakfast for) and it's totally not going to be here today, I'm visciously hungry, alone, and have locked TWO SETS OF FUCKING KEYS IN MY CAR!
I need to go fix this. aslkjhfa;djfasfj
Isn't it great to watch a man fall apart right in front of your eyes?
Batman Begins gets 4 out of 5 (it is afterall still Batman)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home