What would YOU do with 50 billion dollars?
Build a castle on top of a very tall skyscraper. This has always been a dream of mine ever since I watched the show Gargoyles. For a building in Edmonton I (very roughly) estimate that it would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 750 million dollars.
In this very extravagent residence there would be at least one room that would be "beach party capable." By this I mean that at a touch of a button a standard living room, or office, or whatever, would turn from indoor haven, to instant beach party. Jets shooting sand would quickly fill the floor with a foot of sand. The ceiling, which was actually one giant LCD display, would seemingly transform into beautiful tropical blue sky. But the best part, the walls would recede revealing many bikini clad beach babes who would come out and start dancing to the tune "Walking on the Sun" by Smash Mouth. How would would the girls live in the wall? Simple, I would construct a residence for the girls behind the wall(s). They would occupy the luxury residence in shifts, not unlike fire fighters. The rough cost of this project? Let's say around 10 million per room and around 100 million to keep it going.
Also, in the house by the exits there would be a "cow lamp" on a pedistol with a baseball bat beside it so as my friends left my place they would smash the lamp to bits and I could say:
"Thanks for coming over you guys. Thanks for breaking my cow lamp."
Of course there would be tons of replacements that would be put up for the next time friends came over. The cost of this project? 1 million dollars.
I would purchase my current place of residence, the Alberta Chapter Delta Upsilon Fraternity House, and the surrounding property, and create a very Las Vegas-esque type structure which held fine dining and shopping. It would be modelled after the Bellagio. It would of course be built on both sides of 86th Ave and would be connected over top the road. The subsequent tunnel would be lined with some sort of display, not entirely unlike a Jumbotron, and would have vivid and colorful pictures of the sky and space on it at all times. The Uber-luxurious accomadations would be almost exclusively for members of Delta Upsilon, it would be damn near free too. I estimate this project cost to be around 600 million dollars with an added 100 million dollar investment fund to keep it running.
I would have the most insane entourage. There would be two medieval style court jesters, costumes and everything. For protection, I would have 4 armor clad knights, and two ninjas. On top of the swords they would have I would give them tazer guns, just because. I would set up an intern program and have English grad students following me around dressed like medieval scribes. On large pieces of parchment the would chronicle my days events with quill and ink in ye olde english. Also in this entourage I would have one really hot ballerina (tutu and all) and another hot girl dressed like a cheerleader. The girls would of course be trained paramedics and ninjas, just in case. I would also pay celebrities to follow me around. They would be there to talk about the new different projects they were working on. It would be my own personal talk show, all the time. For musical entertainment, a tuxedo clad string quartet. And for a personal assistant I would have Farnsworth Bentley, or a reasonable facsimile. Ballpark figure to start up and keep this project going? Hmmm, 300 million dollars.
Lastly (for now), I would buy a reasonably large island and pay a population to live there. I would declare the island an independent country and would make the national anthem the Eric Prydz version of Call On Me. When it came time for the national anthem people would be asked to "assume the position for the dry humping of the national anthem." I would also attempt to buy a professional sports team just to have Call On Me played as a national anthem at some sort of sporting event. How much would this cost? Lets say 12 billion dollars.
Well I'm running out of time and ideas so this will have to do for now.

1 Comments:
I too have been fasciniated with the building-castle-neo gothic-setup ever since Gargoyles. That was a bad-ass show, and that castle was double bad ass. That's right. Double.
Post a Comment
<< Home