COACHELLA or bust: The first road-blog instalment
Er, I mean greetings from travelers!
It’s a delightful 1:09 AM Mountain time and my fellow journeyman James Knull and I are currently enjoying the fine company of the diligent serviceman of the United States Customs and Border Protection Agency.
That’s right. Mr. Knull and I have been stopped at the border and I’m not entirely sure why…
Maybe its because:
a) I’m dark skinned
b) Neither of us have shaven
c) We are two 20something males driving a white 97 Honda Civic coupe with crappy rims and blackout tinting
d) We are crossing the border at 1:00 AM
e) The border guards are angry Red Wings fans
f)the border guards are actually fashionistas and are taking this opportunity to peruse our luggage in hopes of learning what the stylin’ fashionz are up in Canada.
g) James has 20 kilos of cocaine stuck in a serious of ornamented circus balloon animals stuck in his bum.
h) All of the above.
Whatever the reason this little excursion is probably going to last two hours. In that space of two hours I will ask to go to the bathroom (yes, you do need permission and supervision) and in the processes of waiting to go to the bathroom wet my pants. … Oddly enough the gentlemen who are working this fine Friday morning are the same gentlemen that pulled us over the last time we passed through this neck of the woods. Hmm, maybe it’s a sense of nostalgia that has them pulling us over this time. After all, James and I are rather good company. Whatever the case may be I just don’t seem to have any luck crossing the border THAT IS UNLESS I’m traveling with a majority of white people (or kinfolk as they are known to each other). I’m not saying anything one way or another… I’m just saying that it’s mighty peculiar that every time I decide to try to cross I get stopped.
Curious, indeed.
But back to the real reason I’m writing this, or your reading this, whatever. At this point in the trek the original excitement that set in when we first set off on our journey has worn off and after seven hours of sitting on my ass driving the onset of fatigue is starting to raise a few questions. But no worries, there is far more road to be traveled yet and the fatigue will only get worse. I will soldier on. The view from the country is beautiful. The northern lights aren’t particularly bright but are still visible and with the a backdrop of a starry country sky it is quite the sight to behold.
James is terribly antsy at the moment I may have to put in a DVD for him. Shall I do that james? (he’s reading this as I write it… but now he’s just staring) Now he’s occupying himself by talking to some unabashedly racist salesmen. Now, I believe, that this would be a good time to play Celebrate by Kool and the Gang. Woo Woo!
What, ho!? My car is being relinquished form the impound garage! Could this be end of this delightful little stay? Of course not. They’re probably taking it to an even bigger garage with bigger dogs and bigger probes. My poor car is being vi
[at this point the blog suddenly ends because the guards wanted me to shut off my computer]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home