Saturday, April 15, 2006

"It's Like I've Died and Gone to a Comic-Con" or "Could I possibly be this much of a geek?"

Saluti, my various amichi!

Its another Saturday home alone working terribly hard at yet another paper. Ho-hum. My girlfriend is out spending time with her fam this Easter Weekend (as is most everyone else I know is) and so I'm naturally catching up on things that most boys half my age do (i.e. cleaning my room and reading comic books).

A good friend of mine, Chris Samuel, was kind enough to procure the second volume of the new Astonishing X-Men series drawn by John Cassaday (artistic comic demi-god) and scripted by Josh Whedon. The same Josh Whedon, of course, of Firefly* fame. Without boring my non-geek readers I suggest if you are even mildly interested in comics and/or the X-Men you give it a once over. In doing so you may be able to answer for me the following question that I've been contemplating:

Are Emma Frost's lips (from Astonishing X-Men) naturally silver/white or is it just skanky make-up?

Considering myself of finer geek pedigree than most I decided to consult the geek one-stop-shopping (but not shopping) info site extrordinaire - Wikipedia! Reading through the various articles I stumbled across a rumour that she might appear in the next X3: The Last Stand and that she would be played by either or this girl or this girl here. I'll leave you to decide which one I feel looks "astonishingly" like the Marvel incarnation of Emma Forst and which one is older than my father (he was born in 1950). FYI, A later check with IMDb showed that neither of them actually were going to play Emma Frost (and that Emma Frost, in fact, was not actually going to make it into the movie) because the script was re-written not to include an Emma Frost character. Pity.

Anyhoo, I don't expect my geeking-out as of late to subside anytime soon. As a matter of fact, I do believe that it will only get worse for the next little while. You can blame my lovely and wonderful g/f for tolerating, and sometimes promoting, this behavior.

I expect none of my non-geek readership to care as they surely do not exist. If you do... well then you've died and by some horrible twist of fate have wound up at some sort of Comic Book Convention (Comic-Con, for short).

Anyhoo, I'm off to bed to contemplate how bad-ass of a Superhero/Supervillian I would be if I was actually in some sort of comic.

Till next...

CL

*I've never actually seen Firefly, or Serenity, but I hear they're both something to geek-out over.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Chung said...

I expect none of my non-geek readership to care as they surely do not exist.


I exist. I don't care though.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

While I fashion myself somewhat of a geek, I guess I never really got in to X-men that bad. I never heard of Ms. Frost til now.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home