Thursday, June 23, 2005

A moment of eSilence...

Now that you are settled and I have everyones attention I will begin with the eMemorial.

*Ahem*

We are gathered here this evening to mark the passing of the beloved blog description:

"Movies, music, poker, frat life, the dark side, the light side, credit card debt, and whatever else crosses my mind, all wrapped up for your enjoyment. Now with 10% less mechanical and grammatical errors!"

Not long for this earth, you, beloved blog description, were taken from us by a much more succinct and amusing blog description. You were kind, gentle, and somewhat descriptive. Though you were only ever so slightly amusing you held your post true to the last. You will always be remembered as my first blog description.

You will be dearly missed.

[insert silence here]

I thank everyone for attending today. If I had a lobby or some sort of guest entertainment area I would fill it with snack meats and other various event appropriate refreshments.

And in other news...

I've learned the correct spelling of the word "hiatus". It's hiatus. Completely off the mark with earlier attempts, its Latin origins are now in question as it may have been originally confused with the word "siesta" (Spanish for "afternoon nap"). Thanks go out to a famous London prostitute whose name is not known to me right now. Your unwitting, completely unintended assistance was appreciated. Keep fighting the good fight - pip pip, cheerio, etc.

No sets of keys were lost during this eMemorial. All previously lost keys have been retrieved and have returned home. No one was injured.

That is all.

This post is dedicated to the first, beloved blog description...
June 12, 2005 - June 23, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home